Prior to closing on a property the home buyer or a representative for the home buyer should conduct a pre-closing inspection.
This is when to take the prior home inspection list and make sure all of the items have either been addressed or fixed. Slab 2 Shingles will do this for a nominal fee at the Buyer’s Request.
Here is a general checklist:
Closing Inspection Services in Florida
- Are the items agreed to be left by the seller present?
- Do the lights come on at each switch?
- Is there visible damage with the owner’s furniture now gone that you couldn’t see before?
- Are all of the light fixtures and ceiling fans present and working?
- Are the smoke detectors functional?
- Do the breakers work correctly?
EXTERIOR AND STRUCTURE
- Check cracks, or separations?
- Have the repairs and painting been finished?
- Are wooden decks and hand rails secure?
- Have you walked around the property?
- Are the appliance accessories present?
- Do the appliances still operate satisfactorily?
- Are the instructions/warranties left for the appliances?
- Do the cabinets, countertops, or floors appear damaged?
CRAWL SPACE, AIR DUCTS
- Are the lowest portions dry?
- Are crawl space vents open for good ventilation?
- Do you see any wet spots?
HEATING AND COOLING*
- Do the systems function when you operate the thermostat?
- Are the air filters clean?
- Any extra filters left?
- Is there debris clogging the exterior air units?
LOT AND GROUNDS
- Any changes to the driveway, patio, or sidewalks?
- Are the fences tight, and do the gates operate?
- Reset the automatic sprinkler to minimum setting.
- Do the vehicle doors work smoothly and reverse?
- Do you have the car door remote controls?
- Do you see any damage with the personal items gone?
INTERIOR WALLS, CEILINGS, AND FLOORS
- Are the carpets stained in closets near the shower areas?
- Are there holes or damage from the move-out?
- Are there broken or “fogged” windows or doors?
SURFACE WATER CONTROL
- Has the re-grading (if any), been accomplished?
- Are the gutters aligned and cleaned of debris?
- Do the downspouts direct water positively away?
- Do the faucets and drains function satisfactorily?
- Is there hot water at each appropriate location?
- Do the toilets flush and cycle normally?
- Check beneath each cabinet for leaks or moisture.
- Are there missing shingles since the last visit?
- Have the roof repairs (if any), been performed?
- Is the attic ventilation open and working if power?
- Are the bushes and trees trimmed back and not touching?